Mortgage banking is a maze of rules and regulations. Compliance requires thorough knowledge of both the industry and the entities that regulate it. We are actively involved in the mortgage industry, staying current with new developments and regulatory issues that could potentially impact our clients. Our deep understanding of this segment and high-level involvement in client accounts ensure that you will be made aware of, and be in full compliance with, all applicable rules and regulations.
We are acknowledged experts in the mortgage banking industry. Our team members belong to and actively participate in industry organizations such as the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) and the California Mortgage Bankers Associations (CMBA). We speak frequently on mortgage issues and regularly write articles for various mortgage industry publications.
Our services include:
- Audit reporting and compliance consulting for warehouse lenders, HUD, FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, CFPB, and loan officer compensation
- Tactics for accounting and taxation of mortgage loans held for sale, REO, derivatives, mortgage servicing rights, and fair value measurements
- Income tax strategies, planning, and federal and multi-state tax compliance
- Access to our relationships with major warehouse banks, hedging service providers, mortgage servicing rights valuation companies, and loan subservicing companies
- Updates on changes in laws and regulations
- Compliance with BRE and DBO regulations